Thanks to a combination of luck, good weather and my limited gardening skills, I have been getting a glut of fresh strawberries this Spring. So as a lover of ice cream and easy recipes, it is a perfect opportunity to make this dessert. But don’t worry, you do not have to have green fingers or a garden, this recipe works just as well with store-bought strawberries.
This recipe is based on the easiest ice cream recipe I have ever tried to make. In the video at about halfway, I even give you the option of making this as a vanilla ice cream, which tastes awesome by the way. So please, watch the video and give this a go, then tell me what you think.
Also, this is my first attempt at using the “WP Recipe maker” plug-in. Do you like it? does it make it easier to read? Please let me know your thoughts, thanks.
Strawberry no-churn Ice-Cream
- Mixing bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- Food processor
- Deep pie dish
- Scraper / spatula
- 200 g Strawberries
- 1 tin Condensed Milk 1 x375g
- 600 ml Thickened cream
- 5 ml Vanilla paste
- Wash the strawberries in cold water. Remove the stalk and discard any fruit that is overly soft, discoloured or shows signs of damage. Then place on a greaseproof paper lined tray and into the freezer for an hour.200 g Strawberries
- Double line the deep pie dish with cling wrap and place it in your freezer. It is best that you find a spot where it sits flat and level. As when the cream is added, you don't want it to leak before freezing.
- Pour the condensed milk, cream and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Using the electric mixer, beat for approximately 2 minutes until smooth and thickened.1 tin Condensed Milk, 600 ml Thickened cream, 5 ml Vanilla paste
- Using a food processor or blender, whizz half the frozen strawberries to a fine gravel appearance. Add the remaining strawberries and whizz some more, to break up into small chunks and combine with the finer berry pieces.200 g Strawberries
- Stir the berries into the cream. The finer berry pieces will flavour and colour the cream, while the chunkier pieces will disperse evenly to give yummy Strawberry chunks.200 g Strawberries, 1 tin Condensed Milk, 600 ml Thickened cream, 5 ml Vanilla paste
- Pour into the prepared tray, cover well and return to the freezer until set. This may take several hours, so allow overnight if possible.
- Remove from the freezer about 10 to 15 minutes before serving to allow tosoften.